5 Important Prevention Tips For Business During Covid Time
And here are 5 prevention tips for your business during Covid time
1. Get your work space clean and disinfected.
Here is some basic information to know and first steps to take in order to maintain the cleanest, safest environment that you can, the first one is finding out the different between “Cleaning” & “Disinfecting”:
- “Cleaning” means removing dirt and impurities from surfaces. It doesn’t kill bacteria, but it decreases the number of bacteria on a given surface, helping reduce the risk of infection.
- “Disinfecting” refers to using chemicals like EPA-registered disinfectants that kill bacteria and other very small living things that cause disease. The surface may not necessarily look cleaner, and the bacteria may still be present, but they will be dead.
The best approach is a cleaning/disinfecting one-two punch. Clean surfaces to remove the bulk of the bacteria and to get rid of dirt. Then disinfect the surfaces to kill any bacteria that may remain.
2. Follow hand disinfecting and cleaning procedures
Make sure that employees wash their hands thoroughly, for the full recommended 20 seconds. In situations where hand-washing is not an option, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content. You may be able to make a DIY hand sanitizer in a pinch, but make sure that it contains at least 60% alcohol, and use instructions from a reliable source.
Take your cues from local health departments and CDC guidelines. Work with local health departments to better understand what preventative measures are appropriate and treat these guidelines as a minimum. That may include operating at a limited capacity, to make social distancing/physical distancing easier.
3. Stay at home
You should also be aware of the rules around paid time off around the Coronavirus. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act mandates two weeks (up to 80 hours) of paid leave to anyone who is:
- Quarantined due to COVID-19 symptoms
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis
- Caring for a quarantined individual or a child whose school or childcare provider is closed for reasons related to COVID-19
- Stay at home if you feel ill or you need to take care of others to protect yourself and your family.
4. Use appropriate protective procedures for disinfecting
Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE, is an important part of preventing the spread of infectious diseases. PPE includes face masks, gowns, and disposable gloves. These items are important, but they’re only effective if used well. Masks are most effective when everyone is wearing them. People who are sick absolutely need to be wearing masks. And since so many people can carry the new Coronavirus with no symptoms, wearing a face covering is a best practice for everyone.
5. Choose a trusted cleaning partner to get your work space disinfected
Be wise to choose a trusted cleaning partner to clean and disinfect your business. They must have a clear cleaning process and using PPE during working. Protective gear should be worn by everyone to help fight the spread of the novel Coronavirus. But it’s especially important while cleaning. This includes everything from disinfecting to taking out the trash.
But while protective gear has always been an important part of cleaning, it’s more important during the COVID-19 pandemic than ever. Once you’ve cleaned an area—especially an area you believe may have contained an infected person—remove your gloves and other protective gear. Throw them away and thoroughly, properly wash your hands.
When cleaning chemicals are not in use, store them in labeled, closed containers in a secure area. (This isn’t COVID-19 specific, but it’s very important.)
If you are looking for a professional cleaning agent, QueenBee is a kind of best choice ever. QueenBee Cleaning Service offers an effective Covid-19 spray service in Canberra and Sydney, included:
- Childcare center
- Nursing homes
- Shopping centers