How To Unclog Drain Pipes At My House?
Figuring out why the drain pipes are clogged is very important and it is a prerequisite for finding a way to deal with the clogged drain pipes. Regardless of whether you are a home drain cleaner or a professional un-blocker, it is important to find the first cause. Currently, there are many different ways that you can unclog drain pipes, but in this article, QueenBee would like to introduce some of the most effective ways that you can apply. We will guide you from the simplest way to the most effective.
THE CAUSES OF CLOGGED DRAIN PIPES
It is easy to identify and find the cause of a clogged drain pipe with just a few of the following signs:
- If the sewer line shows signs of slow drain after a while and begins to completely clog, drain the water. If this is the case with the lavabo, the sink, then 100% of the pipe is clogged due to food or grease sticking to the drain.
- Drain pipe is suddenly clogged and there is no sign of bad smell, this is 100% the case when you accidentally dropped a hard object down the drain.
- Your sewer line is still operating normally. Sometimes there is a phenomenon of water backing up. This phenomenon also often happens and it is usually due to improper installation of your sewer line, or if your house is located near a river, so the active tides push up the water level of the sewers.
METHODS OF UNCLOGGING DRAIN PIPES
1. Unclog drain pipes with hot water
First, in cases where the drain pipe is clogged at the sink, we recommend this method. The fat walls present in the sewer line for a long time, when meeting with cold air, will clump and precipitate together. You just need to pour hot water into the blocked part of the pipe and wait for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then, pour hard into the pipe to push the waste away (we recommend using hot water around 80 degrees Celsius to ensure the safest and most effective method; wear protective clothing to avoid hot water from sewers shooting on people).
2. Unclog drain pipe with baking soda and vinegar
For a long time, baking soda and vinegar have been effective in eroding food substances that have been stuck in the sewer for a long time. Using baking soda and vinegar to unclog drain pipe is extremely simple. You just need to mix a mixture of baking soda and vinegar together in a ratio of 1:2 and then pour it into the pipe, wait for about 30 minutes and then use hot water to pour it into the pipe. This way is more effective than just using hot water, it has the effect of deodorizing the pipe. (Note that this only works when your drain pipe is slightly clogged or shows signs of being clogged.)
3. Unclog the drain pipe with a rubber plunger
This is also a good way to clear the drain in case your pipes are clogged. How to use these tools you probably already know is extremely simple. You can only handle the case where the pipe is slightly blocked and near the drain location. Although pistons usually solve a lot of problems, when you do, you will realize that things are not as simple as you thought.
4. Unclog the drain with a clothes hanger or a vacuum cleaner
If you want to use these methods, then you must make sure the clogged pipe sites are near the manhole and are soft waste. You simply want to suck the waste out and use a fishing line and fish it up.
5. Unclog drainage pipes with microbiological substances
This is the method that we recommend you use. Find yourself a bottle of probiotics that eats sewer grease. You just need to pour it in every 3 months and then use it without having to do anything. Certainly, the microbial products will destroy all the grease and garbage clinging to the wall of the drain. You can use this method to periodically treat the sewer line for your home, rather than being clogged and then using it.
6. Unclog drain pipes with professional services
This is the way that we recommend you to use because you only need to spend a small amount of money to be able to quickly unclog the drain without having to wait. Currently, in Canberra, there are many low-cost but highly effective drain unclogging services that you can use. This way, we make sure you can handle any case during the day. You can refer to our end-of-lease cleaning service. QueenBee will take care of your kitchen problems: Kitchen cabinets inside and outside, range hood, exhaust fan, stove and oven, all built in appliances, bench top, splash back, bins and sinks.
QueenBee Cleaning Pty LTD
- 42A Bougainville St Forrest ACT 2603
- 3/5 Daphne close Kingswood NSW 2747
- Hotline: 1800 1 CLEAN (25326)
- Email: email@example.com